Get custom programming done at GetAFreelancer.com!

Friday 8 February 2008

Build Your Skills By Writing Reviews

If you're planning to be a freelance writer in the future then your immediate problem is knowing where to start. It took me months to figure it out and years before I could go full time. Now that I am, I wouldn't change it for the world! It is a long hard journey and it doesn't get any easier when you have made that first step but it does get much more enjoyable.

I have never undertaken a formal education as a writer. Instead, I have worked on my skills on the job itself. The majority of work I initially completed was unpaid just to build up a clients and contacts list but I did manage to make money on the side from what was essentially a hobby back then.

There is a website that will pay you for your opinions and enable you to build up your skills at the same time. In fact, there are quite a few. You will never earn very much off them, but there is something much more important up for grabs. The other members will help you. You write reviews of products, post them and then the members will often message you with hints and tips.

The material you write will very rarely be useful in any major writing jobs,but the advice will be priceless. Your basic writing style will shine through and they will assess it for you, pointing out weaknesses for you to work on.

The site is called Ciao! and you can access it and sign up for free by clicking the banner below. It is a useful starting point for you if you do want a little help. As a member, if you do post a review on there then let me know because I'll be happy to offer any constructive feedback that I can to help.

No comments: