Get custom programming done at GetAFreelancer.com!

Tuesday 27 May 2008

Get Your Name Out There!

I was working on a ghost writing project earlier on this afternoon and realised that I've been covering how to earn money and prosper as a freelance writer on this blog but had not really covered how to get your name out there. It is all well and good relying on ratings on sites like Guru and Rentacoder whilst you find your feet, but spreading the word about your work is a different matter. I, like any other writer, love to see my work in print with a byline that clearly labels it as my work. However, it is tough when you're starting out.

One way to get your name in print is to join a website like Associated Content. The financial reward is related to how popular your articles are but your content will be printed and attributed to you. Associated Content is a useful website for gettig our name out there and can also act as a portfolio for your work should you ever need to show examples to an employer. You never know, some clients ma find you through your AC content.

You can literally write about whatever interests you for Associated Content. There are no restrictions as long as it is clean! If you don't know what to write then you could always use their "suggested content" tool to pick up articles. For example, I wrote one a few days ago about cocktails for 4th of July parties, which was on the suggested list. You can have a read of my 4th of July cocktails by clicking on the link. This is a good example of the kind of work they are looking for. You can also reach the Associated Content website itself by clicking on the link.
It is definitely worth checking out.

If you like the article I wrote then please subscribe to my articles using the "subscribe" tag just under my name. My articles will be sent to you as and when they are published so you can have a read and get a few ideas!

Happy writing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi there!

i am a freelance writer, too. but mostly for local clients. i would like to make it big online using my writing skills, too. :)